Safety & Security
West Edmonton Mall Security is a nationally recognized department staffed with over 40 highly-trained personnel that prides itself on its high caliber security agents, exceptional training, crisis planning, lockdown drills and a forward thinking attitude. West Edmonton Mall Security is leading the way in innovation in Canada. Our K9 program and special operations plain clothes unit are examples. Each year, West Edmonton Mall Security agents respond to thousands of calls for service ranging from emergency situations to lost children to celebrity appearances. West Edmonton Mall Security has strong relationships with the Edmonton Police Service and other levels of law enforcement. The Edmonton Police Service has a dedicated foot patrol unit working here. We work closely with our law enforcement partners to monitor critical information every day, and we adjust and enhance our security practices as needed.
West Edmonton Mall security programs and the Edmonton Police Service expertise are in place daily to ensure a safe and family friendly environment for everyone.
Our state-of-the-art communications center employs the latest technology and monitors numerous cameras located throughout the parking decks, surface lots, common areas and World Waterpark and Galaxyland attractions around the clock. The Mall's call box help phones are direct lines to the communication center or you can reach the center by calling 780-444-4444.
We would like to remind you to watch your valuables. For the security of our guests, please do not leave purses and other items unattended.
Also, please note that while at West Edmonton Mall, you may be subject to a security interview. Violators of any of the Mall Rules will be asked to leave the property or possibly be arrested.
In order to assist in our efforts to provide a safe, secure and pleasant shopping environment, we ask for your cooperation with the following:
Mall Security can be reached at 780-444-4444. Help phones and pay phones throughout the mall also have direct contact to Mall Security. Do not hesitate to contact us with any concerns, questions or issues you may have while visiting the mall.
- Conduct that is disorderly, disruptive or which interferes with or endangers business or guests is prohibited. Such conduct may include running, loud offensive language, spitting, throwing objects, fighting, obscene gestures, gang signs, skateboarding, bicycling etc.
- Intimidating behavior by groups or individuals, loitering; engaging in soliciting; blocking storefronts, hallways, fire exits or escalators, and walking in groups in such a way as to inconvenience others is prohibited.
- Picketing, demonstrating, soliciting and petitioning are prohibited.
- Any items that could be deemed dangerous or offensive to the public including pocket knives or hunting knives, imitation weapons may be requested to be put in a locker or vehicle during your visit to West Edmonton Mall.
- Distributing handbills requires the prior written consent of West Edmonton Mall management.
- Mall patrons must comply with rules and regulations set out by the Mall, Alberta Health Services, and the Government of Alberta around health and safety. Failure to do so can result in a security escort out of the mall or a mall ban.
Violations of the Law
Any violation of Federal law or Provincial law will not be tolerated.
Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, must be worn.
Wearing apparel which has obscene language, obscene gestures, gang affiliation or racial / religious / ethnic slurs that are likely to create a disturbance is prohibited.
Hats, Hoods and Sunglasses should be removed at the door.
Please note that West Edmonton Mall conducts quarterly lockdown drills to assist guests and tenants to be prepared in the event of an emergency.
Only animals trained to assist persons with disabilities are permitted within West Edmonton Mall.
General Parking and Deliveries
Hotel shuttles, taxis, and tour busses drop off and pick up passengers at Entrance 50 with convenient access from 87th Avenue. This is located in the Mall parking area that is north the intersection of 175 Street and 87th Avenue.
RV, semi, school bus and charter bus parking is only allowed in Lot 34 in the southeast corner of the parking facility or in the Overflow Lot located north of 90th Avenue at 175 street.
Any vehicle left unattended in the drop off/pick-up area is subject to being towed at the owner's expense.
There is no overnight parking at West Edmonton Mall which includes the Overflow Parking Lot north 90th Avenue.
There is no dropping off, picking up or parking allowed in the drive lanes or Emergency Access Routes surrounding West Edmonton Mall. Please park vehicles in designated parking spaces. Any vehicle left unattended on drive lanes or Emergency Access Routes will be subject to tow at the owner's expense.
Deliveries must utilize the proper dock as allocated.
Vehicles with trailers, semi-trucks, box trucks and any other oversized vehicle must park in the overflow parking lot on the north side of 95 avenue at 175 street (north of West Edmonton Mall).
The following is a list of local campgrounds for overnight RV's:
Shakers Acres RV Park and Campground
21530-103 avenue (Winterburn Road)- 780-447-3564/toll free -1-877-447-3565
Rainbow Valley Campground
119 street off of Whitemud Drive-780-434-5531/toll free -1-888-434-3991
Glowing Embers Travel Centre and RV Park
26309 Hwy 16A –Acheson – 780-962-8100