Sea Lion Encounter- TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
Available Thursday's and Friday's
This semi-private one-of-a-kind 45 min program is designed to let you meet our sea lions up close and personal. Get to know their unique personalities and characteristics by participating in an exciting sea lion training session. A souvenir 10x14 Sea Lion painting per person and admission to Sea Life Caverns is included in your program.
During your Sea Lion Encounter Pablo, Kelpie, Clara, or Quinty will splash, interact, and teach you all about California sea lions. Together with animal care staff, you will learn about the training and care provided to these amazing animals in an experience you'll never forget!
Time slots available for booking
Minimum age 6 years old, kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult which has to be a paid participant .
Max capacity 4 people. Minimum 2 participants
$145.00+GST per participant includes 1 painting by the sea lions per person. Experience is semi-private
Itinerary - 45 Minute Program
Program itinerary is subject to availability, and can change without notice. Please confirm details at time of booking.
- Meet at Marine Life Information Centre and proceed to orientation. If desk is closed, please wait. The trainer will come for you.
- Get up close and personal with one or more of our California sea lions through a variety of interactions.
- Photo opportunities with various poses with one or more of our sea lions.
- Learn hands-on about the training and care provided.
- Receive a unique painting created by a sea lion.
- Self-guided tour of Sea Life Caverns.
- Program ends.
- Sessions are available Thursday's and Friday's and are subject to availability. Only two sessions are held daily and only four participants are allowed per session, so please book in advance.
- Participants must be at least six years old. Proof of age is required; please present government-issued identification.
- The program cost is $145 per person. Payment must be made by phone or in person at the time of booking.
- All participants must sign the liability waiver at the start of the program.
- Participants aged 6 to 11 must have their parent or legal guardian participate in the program.
- Participants aged 12 to 17 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the liability waiver on the morning of their program, and can pick up the participant at the end of the program.
- Participants will meet their trainer at Marine Life Information Centre. (If it is closed when you arrive, please wait. The trainer will come for you.)
- If you have special program requests, contact the Marine Life Education office.