Welcome Back to WEM!
We are excited to open our doors once again here at West Edmonton Mall. Our top priority is the health and safety of our guests, tenants, and employees. To ensure this, we are collaboratively working with Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
While we welcome you back to WEM, FLH would love to welcome you back as well with a special promotion of up to 20% off your stay. This promotion is valid on stays from June 15 - August 31. Call 1-800-RESERVE (737-3783) now to book your room OR visit flh.ca to book online!
Additional hours will be updated as we continue to monitor and work alongside the Alberta Relaunch Strategy and directives. Please check our Map + Directory for specific retail hours and locations.
Monday - Saturday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Retail + Attractions
Retailers are opening their doors based on their own procedures and guidelines. To see which stores are currently open, please visit the mall directory. Each retailer will be indicated as temporarily closed if they are not available for public retail shopping. Some retailers are doing shopping by appointment and/or curbside pick up.
With Phase 2 rolling out throughout the province, we are starting to reopen certain attractions starting with Ed's Bowling, Mayfield Toyota Ice Palace, Dragon's Tale, and Professor WEM's Adventure Golf. We will be opening their doors to the public with enhanced safety guidelines, updated hours, and updated operational standards. Full details and information for each attraction can be found by clicking one of the buttons below. We can't wait to see you again!
WEM guests can access information and updates via our website, social channels, Guest Service team, and emails through our subscriber eBlast. We also have a Digital Concierge that will be available for guests to communicate their questions with our social support team during operating hours. They can also be reached via Facebook Messenger. Guest services can be reached directly at 780-444-5321.
Guest Service Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 11am - 7pm
Sunday: 12pm - 6pm
Social Media Messenger Hours:
Monday - Friday: 11am-5pm
Health and Safety:
WEM has put together directional and safety signage throughout the mall, these include floor decals, showcards and digital screens. There is reminders to adhere to guidelines set by Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta regarding social distancing and safe practices while you are in public spaces. WEM has also implemented enhanced and robust housekeeping practices including (but not limited to):
- Continuous cleaning and disinfecting of crucial touch points throughout WEM (including railings, escalators, elevators, etc.)
- Hand sanitization stations have been placed at all mall entrances
- Overnight cleaning crews are doing additional deep cleaning procedures after the mall closes until reopening the following day
- All movable common area seating has been removed
- Acrylic shields will be installed at all Guest Services counters
- Front line staff (Guest Services, Security, Facilities Management, etc.) will be supplied with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment based on job requirements
- Guests will be encouraged to wear a mask when visiting the mall
- WEM Security will be onsite 24/7 and will be monitoring all common areas to ensure Guest, Tenants, and Employees are safe. WEM Security can be reached at 780-444-4444
- Mall patrons must comply with rules and regulations set out by the Mall, Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta around health and safety. Failure to do so can result in a security escort out of the mall or a mall ban.
Food Court & Retail Operations:
- Food court seating will be reduced to 50%. Measure are being taken to ensure proper social distancing is achieved.
- Food court trays will be removed and tenants will be asked to maintain the grab and go approach to reduce touch points
- Retailer have the option of opening or closing their store fronts to control flow of traffic and or appointments
- WEM is expanding our curbside pick up program to include more entrances. Full updates for Curbside Pick Up can be found HERE.
Information on Alberta's relaunch strategy and guidelines from AHS:
- Alberta's Relaunch Strategy
- AHS Guidelines: Retail
- AHS Guidelines: Restaurants
- AHS Guidlines: Hair Salons and Barber Shops