COVID-19: West Edmonton Mall Updates
**NOTE** This information page will be updated frequently as details and information change/become available.
- Mandatory mask policy: Effective Dec. 11, 2020, all guests will be required to wear a mask or face covering that covers both mouth and nose, in all indoor spaces (eg. washrooms), while visiting West Edmonton Mall. There are no exceptions, aside from brief removal of mask or face covering when sipping a beverage or eating, and for children age two and under. This policy will be enforced.
- Social distancing and traffic flow measures in place (directional and safety signage throughout the mall, these include floor decals, showcards and digital screens)
- Retail, Recreation and entertainment are open at 1/3 capacity
- Curb side pick up, delivery, and online services are encouraged
- Essential visits only. Please no gathering or loitering in mall at this time.
- Please see links below for further details
View the following for more information and guidance on COVID-19:
Take steps to protect yourself and others.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Food Court & Retail Operations:
- Food court and restaurants are now open for dine in. (max 6 people per table)
- Retailer have the option of opening or closing their store fronts to control flow of traffic and or appointments
Curbside Pick Up
During these unprecedented times select retailers at West Edmonton Mall are offering curbside pick up to get you what you need, safely and in keeping with government regulations around social distancing. Please see below for a list of participating retailers and the associated curbside pickup entrance.
Please contact each retailer individually and they will guide you through the process of ordering their products and the pick up process. Please note that regular store hours may change, and that curbside pick up is only available dependent on retailer availability. For more information please contact the retailer directly.
WEM has also implemented enhanced and robust housekeeping practices including (but not limited to):
- Continuous cleaning and disinfecting of crucial touch points throughout WEM (including railings, escalators, elevators, etc.)
- Hand sanitization stations have been placed at all mall entrances
- Overnight cleaning crews are doing additional deep cleaning procedures after the mall closes until reopening the following day
- All movable common area seating has been removed
- Front line staff (Guest Services, Security, Facilities Management, etc.) will be supplied with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment based on job requirements
- WEM Security will be onsite 24/7 and will be monitoring all common areas to ensure Guest, Tenants, and Employees are safe. WEM Security can be reached at 780-444-4444
- Mall patrons must comply with rules and regulations set out by the Mall, Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta around health and safety. Failure to do so can result in a security escort out of the mall or a mall ban.