Penguins On Parade
Get up close and personal with our African Penguins!
Our Penguins on Parade program provides you with the opportunity to help prepare food for our penguins, watch a penguin feed from inside the penguin exhibit, and receive a private penguin presentation. You’ll get to touch and hold one of our penguins who will create a special one of a kind footprint-painting for you to take home as a keepsake. Children as young as six years old can now participate when accompanied by a paid parent or legal guardian.
- Morning and afternoon sessions are available seven days per week. Bookings require a minimum of two business days’ notice and are subject to availability. There is a maximum of six guests per session.
- Participants must be at least 6 years old and in good physical condition. Proof of age is required; please present government-issued identification.
- The program cost is $105 per participant. Payment must be made by phone or in-person at the time of booking.
- Participants aged 6 to 9 must also have their parent or legal guardian participate in the program.
- Participants aged 10 to 17 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver on the morning of their program. The parent or legal guardian is not required to stay for the duration of the program.
- Participants must sign the required waiver prior to participating. The waiver will be provided on the morning of the program by Marine Life staff. Minors require a signature from a parent or legal guardian.
- Participants will meet their trainer at Marine Life Information. (If it is closed when you arrive, please wait. The trainer will come for you.)
- Rubber boots will be provided. Photography and recording devices are not permitted. A photographer will take photos throughout the program.
- Prepare fish for the penguin feed
- Experience the sights and sounds inside the exhibit during the penguin feed
- Private penguin presentation and painting
To commemorate your visit, a USB with at least 30 photos of your experience can be purchased for $29.95.
For more information or to book your program, call Marine Life Education at 780-444-5320, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit wem.ca.